The Woods Hole Film Festival is presented by the Woods Hole Film Festival, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation established to: organize the annual Festival; form relationships and strategic alliances with other film festivals and organizations to showcase independent film; emphasize the work of first-time and New England filmmakers; showcase the work of independent filmmakers who have a relationship to Cape Cod or whose films are relevant to or enhance the quality of life on Cape Cod and to develop and foster a creative independent film community within the Festival and on Cape Cod. The Festival also works with individuals, businesses and institutions to develop and present programs and events that further its goals.
1. Film and screenplay submissions accepted through Withoutabox only. If you don’t have an account, please sign up with them directly in order to submit to the Woods Hole Film Festival. Do not send an email with a link to your film or screenplay as that will not be considered a festival submission.
2. All of the information regarding deadlines, categories, fees, address, project length, format, etc. is listed in Withoutabox. Please read the listing before contacting the Festival regarding those matters.
3. Please provide a complete Withoutabox profile, including film synopsis, press materials, if available, hi-res stills and a filmmaker bio.
4. Only complete submissions will be eligible to screen in competition. A film that screens in competition is eligible for both an audience award and a jury award. Screenplay submissions are eligible only for a jury award. Awards are presented at the awards ceremony on the closing night of the Festival.
5. Each film is allocated one competition screening, although additional screenings may be scheduled during the Festival. Filmmakers will be notified of the screening schedule at least one month prior to the Festival and are encouraged to attend their screenings and to be available for the post-screening Q&A.
6. Please read the rules carefully. If you still have questions, you may contact us at info (at) woodsholefilmfestival.org
Notification will begin on or around June 1st and will conclude on July 1st. Filmmakers and screenwriters will be notified via email. Please make sure your contact information is current through July 1st.
Apply online through Withoutabox. Submissions for 2013 are now open for FILMS and SCREENPLAYS.
Early – March 1, 2013 (film and screenplay) Regular – April 1, 2013 (film and screenplay) Late – May 1, 2013 (film)
Final – May 10, 2013 (film)